Monday, October 20, 2008

Before and After

I love seeing before-and-afters of pretty much anything. From New York City, to Dr. Zizmor's patients, and a well done, carefully shot before-and-after really makes my day. (I recently went out of my way to visit the Physical Graffiti buildings on St. Mark's place.)

I like them for the same reasons that I always loved Highlight's for Kids' spot-the-differences activity spreads. This series of photographs of Twin Peaks shooting locations is tops. Rarely do fans work so hard to get the correct camera position/lighting/composition to really observed the differences of a place. This one gets it right. I revel vicariously in the experience of a Twin Peaks fan, so dedicated, so unflinchingly geeky, wandering around what was the "Great Northern" lodge matching pine-knots to screen captures taken from their DVDs. Well done. All this nostalgia is making me hungry!

Now, I hope they head a little farther down the coast now and take some definitive before-and-afters of Astoria, OR and the principal Goonies locations. It's been done thoroughly, but the bar has been raised.

p.s. Vertigo, then-and-now.


Lisa said...

you should check out my site
The Best Before and Afters

Anonymous said...

I indulgeCheapest Diablo 3 gold vicariously in the experience with a new Dual Peaks lover, therefore devoted, thus unflinchingly geeky, walking all around what was the "Great Northern" lodge complementing pine-knots to monitor catches extracted from theirgw2 gold Dvd videos. Congratulations.

fgdg said...

If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put Y and I together Runescape Gold, A lifetime of happiness! No man alive could bear it, Rune Scape Gold it would be hell on earth Buy Runescape Gold.

The bravery of each bull is then rated with care according to the number of times he demonstrates his willingness to charge in spite of the sting of the blade Runescape gp, Henceforth will I recognize that each day I am tested by life in like manner. If I persist, if I continue to try, if I continue to charge forward, I will succeed rs gp, Your future depends on your dreams Runescape2 Gold. So go to sleep. Do not keep anything for a special occasion..